360 freezing??

bianco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My xbox has be locking up "randomly" for a few weeks now then I had the ring of death 7 days ago.

Microsoft sent me a new power pack and rrod problem solved.

It's now locking up more frequently than ever and is really annoying me, now it doesn't appear to be overheating, any suggestions.

The box was manufactured 29/11/2005, whats the chance of microsoft fixing it without there being a RROD fault that's covered by the three years?

Thanks

Think I'm best trading it in then at game, get myself a new model!

It works for 10 minutes at a time.

Hi there, microsoft have refused outright to repair this console for free so it only leaves me with underhand option of trading it in at game for a new arcade model.

Its not something I'd normally do but I really don't see any possible alternatives!

Hi Nick

Could you let me know what the fix is and I'll have a go myself?

Glad to know it can be fixed.

Thanks

Martin

Hey, huge thanks to Nick Pavey for the fantastic PM he sent me on details of how to repair my 360.

I'm currently resorting to the childish tactic of taping up my 360s vents in an attempt to force the 3 red lights! They won't repair it for free unless I have 3 red lights, so I'm going to make it have 3 red lights.

My xbox has just started freexing randomly too! Played it all day yesterday no problems - then it started to freeze last night so i figured it was overheatign and switche dit off for the night - nw its freexing after 3/4 mins of gameplay or i get a frozen grey screen.
Can i fix this myself or am i looking at a new xbox?
If i do have to buy a new xbox can i just keep the 20gb hard drve i have now and stick on the new one so i can keep my game saves etc or is there a way of transfering all my info to a new xbox?

It is fixable if you are confident.

You can just plug your hard drive onto any 360 and it's as yours. Everything will be there.

Well if it involves soldering ill opt for a new xbox instead:) Thanks!

Not soldering, but you have to take it apart, take a heat gun to it, then put it all back together.

In all honesty, not as hard as it sounds.

Well my box is over 2 years old so its out of warranty so whats the harm in experimenting a bit right? worst case scenario i have to buy a new box anyway!
Have you got a link to a list of directions?

Its a pretty easy fix if you know your way around a computer a Xbox 360 is more or less the same, just replace the x-clamps, many many vids and tutorials all over the net, or you could just force it to RLOD as thats covered with a 3year warranty from M$

Its a pretty easy fix if you know your way around a computer a Xbox 360 is more or less the same, just replace the x-clamps, many many vids and tutorials all over the net, or you could just force it to RLOD as thats covered with a 3year warranty from M$

Forced mine and microsoft are repairing it for me FOC!

I've had a few people ask me how I forced the red lights and the only succesful way I could do it was to wrap the box in clingfilm and play call of duty, beware it gets very very loud.

As an alternative why not just tell microsoft it's Red Lighting but mention it only does it after playing for 5-10 minutes and works after you've let it cool!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom