• Mine is still going strong (+1 month)

Votes: 192 45.0%
  • Mine is under 1 month old

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters

AudiophileUk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Note: It would make sense if those whose console is under a month old arnt included in any results, these would throw the results off, with alot of people who have just brought one last week - eager to say its still working!

I thought with all these posts on peoples 360's dying of 3 red lights, might be interesting to get a rough indication of the acutal fail rate. People only tend to post when they have a problem so this may be more reflective than random postings.

Dont be shy, please vote if your 360 is still alive!!

Still going strong from launch day.

dito, launch day, in cupboard, was in cupbard with nice hot big hk amp, but moved it to separate side with a cooler hk dvd player, the sky+ box can live with the heat monster now ;)

a few frezes but nothing that iv not forgottten about withion 5 seconds of reseting ;)

oh but one of my wireless controllers stopped working! and its not the battery lol, who can i send that too to be replaced/repaired? cant remember if its one i brought or one i got with the 360

Still going strong from launch day. :thumbsup:

Mines only a couple of months old, but no problems yet (...he says, quickly finding something wooden to touch! :D )

so far its looking roughly like a 60-40 split in favour of the working consoles. Still a bit close bearing in mind 18% if the 40% is more than once!

See how it pans out with more voters...

I thought we had agreed months ago that we where not going to keep dragging this topic up again and again.

Oh and for the record I have had mine 6 month and so far so good like most people. The whole issue with machines failling get blown out of proportion and it is not just an xbox thing either. Look at any forum and you will see people complaining that their A,B or C has stopped working but people don't feel the need to let everyone know that their iPod still works after 6 months or their TV does not buzz or that yes beleive it or not their new hair dryer actually does dry their hair.

Sorry but this has been done to death now and all this achieves is to make new comers warry of purchasing a 360 so we get yet more posts like "I heard about the three red lights should I still buy a 360 or wait for the xbox 720?"

I thought we had agreed months ago that we where not going to keep dragging this topic up again and again.

Oh and for the record I have had mine 6 month and so far so good like most people. The whole issue with machines failling get blown out of proportion and it is not just an xbox thing either. Look at any forum and you will see people complaining that their A,B or C has stopped working but people don't feel the need to let everyone know that their iPod still works after 6 months or their TV does not buzz or that yes beleive it or not their new hair dryer actually does dry their hair.

Sorry but this has been done to death now and all this achieves is to make new comers warry of purchasing a 360 so we get yet more posts like "I heard about the three red lights should I still buy a 360 or wait for the xbox 720?"

Its not just something that is blown out of proportion, the failur rate seems to be higher than MS admit and from my experience of asking people on my friends list and people I actualy know it is near 30% not the 5% MS state, so it is only right and proper to get these figures aired.

bit of a moody post Daveon. In no way am i trying to make new pruchases 'wary' i could not care less. Personally my little used 360 has had no problems so i have no bad feelings towards it.

The idea of this, as i stated was to get some real numbers behind all of the speculation on these boards. I guessed that it would show the xbox 360 is not as fragile as people may think. If it turns out its got a 50% fail rate then its something that should be known.

As for this beind done to death, i can well see 4 posts today about 360's dying which i have no particular interest in reading, but i havnt personally seen a poll to show any real data on it - which i do have an interest in seeing. Maybe their has been one but not that i've witnessed.

If its of no intereset *please* dont feel you have to post in this thread, its not compulsary unless you feel you really must.

Sorry but you do seem to be in the minority in knowing lots of people who have problems. I still think (and of course this is only my opinion) that the reason it seems like a wide spread issue is due to the fact that if the system works as expected you do not feel the need to tell everyone, however if you feel a sence of injustice because your system stops working for what ever reason you want people to know about it.

I fully understand that if people have issues they will be unhappy and I would be too if my machine developed a fault, after all they are not cheep, but if you look at the "my 360 died" threads, most replies seem to be from people perfectly happy with their system and a lot saying their friends are all fine too.

bit of a moody post Daveon.QUOTE]

Sorry, I am just in a bit of a moody mood today :)

I have a feeling that I may have left several other moody post elsewhere on the forum. i will try and behave myself for the rest of the day and post nothing but happy thought from now on :)

haha fair enough i do that too. Personally i only know one other person with a 360 (my brother) and his is fine since launch.

I agree with your point about people only posting when they have a problem, if this is the case this poll should get under the myth.

I'm on my third console and the last month it has started to crash quite a bit.. maybe once a week at first to nearly every night now! Also it has got so much louder and I don't know why, like noticably louder?!

Havn't seen the lights yet but it's only a matter of time I think! Shame I have no warrenty now :(

Still going since launch:thumbsup:

we seem to find people that have had multiple failures of their systems, maybe they use them more or the conditions they are kept in?

I think the multiple failures are due to the repair centres rather than build quality itself. I'm the only person I personally know who's had an xbox die, that's out of about 15 though mind.

mine was peachy yesterday. just had oblivion lock-up. same old oblivion i thought until i restarted to the red lights of death !!!!

had it since Launch :( :(

gotta hunt around for reciept from game now !!!

Mine was a launch day console, but eventually gave up the ghost a month ago as it kept crashing with a what can be best described as a matrix style chequer board freeze up. The new one also runs much quieter as well

My launch console lasted until whenever it was that GRAW came out and then died with a Matrix style swan song. My replacement is still going strong. I only know one other "real" person who has owned one from launch and his died about a month after mine - his replacement is also still going strong. I've owned a lot of consoles in my time and this is the first time I've had a failure... unless you count a faulty Commodore 64 PSU, or dodgy Vic-20 modulators ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom