1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 & Epson TW10H HD or not HD?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Check One, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Check One

Check One
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

I want to get the best HD experince when I get my 360. I currently using a modded Xbox that uses component cables on an Epson TW10H projector and it goes into 1080i on certain games. Is this good enough or will I need a full HD ready LCD or Plasma to get progresive scan and higher resoutions? Bit confused about the whole thing I thought I was using HD but a mate said I was not.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Check One

Check One
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Helloooooooooo echo echo echo

Just ordered one of the Samsung 32' LCDs from DigiUK they are not in stock until the 26th so I have got plenty of time to cancel if you think my Epson will be good enough.

:confused:

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    A quick look on the web seems to suggest that the Epson only has a resolution of 854*480, if that is correct then no matter what it is being fed even HD sources the final image will only be SD.

At the mo the 1280*720 (1366*768) resolutions are most common for flat panels and are classed as HD, there are few 1920*1080 displays on the market.

To make sure you are well covered look for anything with the HD Ready logo, some details can be found in this thread.

4. Check One

Check One
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply,

I'll keep my order for the Samsung LE32R41B for HD on the 360 and use the projector for movies and split screen games.

Cheers CHK1