360 Elite Scratching Discs

Timm

We got a 360 for Christmas and I thought the drive was very noisy, Grinding and whirring very unlike a computer drive. Now noticed Forza 3 has a circular scratch. I've booked the 360 in for a repair but the man on the phone said it was impossible for it to be faulty and cause a scratch unless it was moved - which it hasn't. They will very kindly replace the disc - for £10 :eek:. It wasn't our fault. Is this typical of Microsoft? Anyone had this problem?:suicide:

DJSigma

Banned
The reason they won't replace it for free is because moving the console with a disc in it can cause the disc to be scratched like that, and anyone that did move their console and scratch a disc could just get a free replacement by lying about it.

BTW, I am in no way suggesting that you're doing that and it's certainly not "impossible" for a drive to be faulty and cause scratches like that.

Timm

Oh. See their point. I will just wait to see the report from them to see if the drive is at fault.

tubbs

do you have ur console standing or flat? i had mine standing at first and it ruined 2 of my games, and i think the xbox went, all replaced by the shop tho, who told me its best flat.

triplea4uk

do you have ur console standing or flat? i had mine standing at first and it ruined 2 of my games, and i think the xbox went, all replaced by the shop tho, who told me its best flat.
You purchased it around xmas then just return it to the store you purchased it from they will exchange it for another one.

MS seize the opposite standing up is better for air flow and reading discs.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom