360 Demo Pods now in stores...

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
In Manchester at least. HMV, Game and Gamestation all had them. I had a quick fiddle with Kameo, plus got to see King Kong and Call of Duty 2 running. All very impressive, though couldn't get a proper gameplay impression of most as the muppets playing them weren't very good, and then my lunchhour ended. Booo!

holtehero

so how did the graphics look? I take it the pod had the samsung LCD

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
They all had the LE23R51B Samsungs. Very sharp visuals all round, not that impressed by King Kong though, bit dull (though I'm making a judgment on seeing 1% of the game). Kameo really uses the depth of field and reflections to excellent effect - to see it all going in real-time is a treat.

holtehero

Woohooo, makes the 50" Sony LCD RPTV that turned up this morning seem like a worthwhile purchase

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Gary D said:
i've got all night tonight to play with one :thumbsup: were having a lock in :clap:

Gary
Grrr jealousy is never a good thing.... I assume you just get a standard demo disc in the 360s? I saw some guys navigating between various game titles (PGR3 was in there!) but I couldn't for the life of me work out how to get to it to select a different game...? Any info appreciated!

Kopite4Ever

i hate you lawrence :mad: think we need an msn convo as i need details, details i say arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

edit: i only slightly hate you lawrence, gary i hate you even more :rotfl: who say's being part blockbuster staff is a good for nothing job ;) :rolleyes:

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Had a play on Call of Duty 2 now. You really have to use the cover, and the friendly and enemy AI seems pretty good. Visuals on a par with my PC (which for those of you wondering has a nVidia 6800GT in it) which isn't bad for a £210 console IMHO. The PGR3 demo content is only a movie, not playable. Booo again...

Kopite4Ever

hmm thats actually disapointing to hear (COD2) in visual terms in all honesty id have thought maybe a slight improvment on the PC but the upside is that its at a constant 60FPS at 720p which you would need a fully fledged 7800GTX and top end AMD64 CPU for :D

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Well, ok, I'm speculating as I've not got CoD2 on my PC, but you won't be disappointed. There is no obvious edge over what my PC can do I reckon, but then my PC cost 4 figures. The smoke effects are fantastic by the way - smoke grenades a go go.

Kopite4Ever

well ive hammered the demo on my PC and was blown away but the visuals and i couldnt run it at top settings @ 1280x720 without it going to a 15 FPS crawl :D (6800 ultra by the way)

the volumetric smoke is amazing i must admit :D

DanH

Cant believe i missed this! Great news Lorenzini. Might have to ring up the T-Centre and see if they have them, would save me a trip into town at least.
Gutted about PGR3 though, you would have thought that would be one of the main attractions.

Malone

Doggone I was hoping for a hands on report Gary :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way what happens when you hit 1000 posts is there a fanfare and naked female massages etc etc??

Matt

Colgate7110

Kopite4Ever said:
hmm thats actually disapointing to hear (COD2) in visual terms in all honesty id have thought maybe a slight improvment on the PC but the upside is that its at a constant 60FPS at 720p which you would need a fully fledged 7800GTX and top end AMD64 CPU for :D
Remember the games in the first wave are allegedly only using one or two threads at most of the six threaded CPU and it's standard fare for later generations of games to blow the launch titles away. Not saying the visual fidelity will be six or three times better in future games but, nonetheless, here's looking forward to COD3 :D

Going to have to head to the show in Glasgow tomorrow morning. Can't way to spend hours standing in a queue to get 3 seconds playing PGR3... :( 4 Friday's to go... 4 Friday's to go....

(Talking of visual fidelity, have you noticed in videos for next-gen games there's loads of smoke and dust? We've waited 30 years for digital dust to hit near-photorealism... Great :rolleyes: )

Moogle

I read an interview with one of the guys from Infinity Ward, the developers of COD2, recently and he was saying that the 360 version out performs the PC version and has a higher frame rate as well as better viuals.

Rob20

Where apart from say GAME would I be likely to find a 360 demo pod? All I have in town is Woolworths, an very small indie, dixons and that's about it. Toysrus, GAME, etc. are 10+ miles away.

Rob20

Have a blockbuster. Will give them a try. :)

edit: went into town, not one store had a 360 demo pod. Ah well, will have to be patient and wait for Dixon's to deliver mine with PGR3, (Tesco hopefully Kameo), sometime around 2nd Dec.

Rob20

Nobody seems to have a demo pod in my area. Tried Special Reserve, Game and loads of other electrical stores and nothing. When are demo pods going to be generally released to stores in the Uk? :confused:

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme