1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 Backwards Compatibilty/Qualifying Criteria

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mhd1966, Oct 11, 2005.

1. mhd1966

mhd1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

Just thought that I would share some info with you that I learned yesterday from a contact of mine within the trade.

ALL Microsoft developed titles with be backwards compat.

The most popular titles that have always been played `Live` will be.

All titles that are HOT on `Live` at the moment will be.

As always everything is open to speculation but I thought I would share this with everyone.

mhd

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Thats still pretty vague if you ask me.
    What exactly qualifies as "hot"?
    Im sure there are some games on live that are played more than others even though they are all played, so what is the magic number/break point?

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    so MS will concentrate on making 'Live' games B/C?

Typical. Yet again, use the minority live service as an excuse to screw over everyone else

Its almost tempting *not* to get a 360 just because MS annoy me with their 'live' nonsense. They have 2 million subscribers worldwide, compared with around 25 million xbox owners. That is no percentage to be building your entire premise around.

It annoys me in their marketing spiel (hey, if we say it enough, maybe people will actually believe that 'live' is popular)

It annoys me when it affects games - limiting single player to lavish attention on multiplayer online which will only be played by a minority.

Yes, I like live. But I like the single player games more usually. And having two small kids means less time online - that plus the wife laughing at me for talking into the headset :p

4. Overlord69

Overlord69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Who does he work for, PC World or Game? :rotfl:

5. Layne RIP

Layne RIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    They do say that you'll need the hard drive for the 360 to play your old Xbox games on it!!

6. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Don't want to take this too far off topic, but get your wife a Nintendo DS with a copy of Nintendogs then just laugh to the point where you're about to pass out as she calls her virtual dog by name; tells it to sit down, shake, and fetch; tells it it's a "good girl" and "noooo, bad dog"... Okay, so the game has speech recognition built in and it's very impressive, but it must look more ridiculous than us sitting talking to each other on Live :) Especially when the game doesn't pick her up and she ends up shouting louder and louder in different voice tones until it works. Not sure that Mrs Colgate-to-be finds it quite so funny but I think it's hilarious :devil: