• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

360 and tosh 32wlt66?

ed540

Is anyone using this setup and if so could you let me know your connection type(component or vga) and your settings on the 360(resolution). Is there much difference between the two connections and +/- for each? I had a good look through the 32wlt66 thread but its just too big and far too confusing. Thanks for your help everyone. :thumbsup:

finalfightguy

Is anyone using this setup and if so could you let me know your connection type(component or vga) and your settings on the 360(resolution). Is there much difference between the two connections and +/- for each? I had a good look through the 32wlt66 thread but its just too big and far too confusing. Thanks for your help everyone. :thumbsup:

Using componant cable from the 360 to the Tosh with the output set at 720p. The picture quality is outstanding, razor sharp and so crystal clear it's almost 3D!

:thumbsup:

B

Bengalmin

I'm doing the same, usually use picture mode 1 for Xbox 360 and set the custom mode up for watching DVDs

ed540

Thanks for everyone who has replied so far. Still undecided as which way to connect but the most encouraging thing is that everyone seems more than happy with the 360 on the this tv. Cant wait for xmas!!!

Dazza

Its all subjective. I prefer VGA.
Colours looked washed out according to most who switch from component to VGA but you need to adjust your colours to compensate.
VGA is the only connection were you will not get overscan and the only connection you will get 1080p via games and DVDs.

As for resolution settings the correct setting for the Tosh 32" 66 series is 1024x768.

fergy93

Standard Member
Its all subjective. I prefer VGA.
Colours looked washed out according to most who switch from component to VGA but you need to adjust your colours to compensate.
VGA is the only connection were you will not get overscan and the only connection you will get 1080p via games and DVDs.

As for resolution settings the correct setting for the Tosh 32" 66 series is 1024x768.

I use component, the colours are more vibrant, i think that vga is really washed out, you say to adjust the colours to compensate, do you mean on the tv menu, because that option becomes greyed out for me (i think from memory i can only adjust backlight, contrast and brightness) when using vga ??

fatfingers73

I tried vga when I got my 360 last year and the framerate was terrible (on DOA4). This was on a WLT58, don't know if the newer Toshiba's are better or if it was a 360 issue that's been fixed with the updates.

Can anyone confirm if this has been fixed as I would like to free up my component for the Wii.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Fillumgeek

The screen res of the WLT66 is actually 1366 x 768 so on Vga a setting
of 1360 x 768 would be closer to native resolution.

It's totally subjective though. I've tried both and VGA looks a little cleaner and component looks more vibrant and colourful. My problem is I can't budget for an upscaling dvd player* at the mo as need to buy the girlfriend a MP3 player for chrimbo.................ah the problems of the western world :D

*only on VGA will the standard def be upscaled

nick501

Distinguished Member
The screen res of the WLT66 is actually 1366 x 768 so on Vga a setting
of 1360 x 768 would be closer to native resolution.

It's totally subjective though. I've tried both and VGA looks a little cleaner and component looks more vibrant and colourful. My problem is I can't budget for an upscaling dvd player* at the mo as need to buy the girlfriend a MP3 player for chrimbo.................ah the problems of the western world :D

*only on VGA will the standard def be upscaled

1360 x 768 does not display properly on this tv. It's blurry and off centre.

1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 is the way to go:thumbsup:

nick501

Distinguished Member
I tried vga when I got my 360 last year and the framerate was terrible (on DOA4). This was on a WLT58, don't know if the newer Toshiba's are better or if it was a 360 issue that's been fixed with the updates.

Can anyone confirm if this has been fixed as I would like to free up my component for the Wii.

Cheers :thumbsup:

The 58's vga is still pants.

the 66's seem to have it sorted though thankfully.

J

Jowwns

I've had this tv for a fortnight; it looked poor on it's default brightness/contrast settings (hardly a shock, lol) but setting the brightness just shy of 30 helped it out a lot. After using rgb scart for years it's nice being rid of overscan!

swale500

I've got the 32wl56, i use vga and am well happy with it? There isn't a component on it, is it just the 56 that hasn't? Can i use that scart adaptor thingy to use component?

BuFF DaDDy

Im using the 42WLT66 on component with the 360 and the picture quality is stunning, also on the HD Drive the picture quality is crystal clear.

Ive just brought a VGA cable as I will need the component inputs for my Wii when the cable arrives from ebuyer.

BuFF DaDDy

Will do mate :smashin:

smartmove

Standard Member
Got my 360 going via. component at 1080i on my 32WLT66. Settings are as follows:

Back light: 50
Contrast: 60
Brightness: 50
Colour: 39
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0
Black stretch: On
MPEG NR: Low
DNR: Auto
Colour temp: Normal

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom