360 and Media Centre 2005

Dwayne Dibley

Tried to connect 360 to PC via a Linksys Router last night.

Unfortunately after taking me round the houses (i.e. Download Rollup2, Download and Install new version of Windows Update, Download and Install .NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and multiple reboots), I had to concede defeat.

The upshot being that when I try to install the software (from Xbox.com/pcsetup) it says I dont have the right version of Media Centre it says I need 2005 (which I have, though when I look at System Properties it reckons I've got 2002) possibly due to Service Pack 1 (or 2! I cant quite remember)

Anyway after further investigation it transpires I need version 5.1.271x.xxx or higher, whereas I have 5.1.2700.XXX (I found this in Media Centre, Settings, Version)

So my question is can I get an upgrade to the version I need? If yes where from?

Any help mucho appreciated.

Cheers.

kopchoir

Banned
farouqe are you just trying to stream your media or use the 360 as a full media extender you dont need to use mce you can just use wmp11 for streaming i use mce on vista and its great but you can use many other applications
orb i have used is quite good and easy to use
si

Dwayne Dibley

alright Si,

I just want to be able to access media on my PC i.e. video, pictures, music, anything really!!

:thumbsup:

kopchoir

Banned
all you need to do is set up sharing ou your pc and 360 pair them both and you will be able to access the pc hd from the 360 make a share folder
also try orb its pretty good but as long as you have service pack 2 on windows you should be fine as long as the 360 and the pc are connected on the same network your good to go
si

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom