1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36" Widescreen Sony or Panasonic ??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Griffin, Feb 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Griffin

Griffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the lucky position that my company will buy me something instead of me recieving cash as my quarterly bonus which means I get the benefit of not paying tax on the money & the company will pay the VAT on whatever I buy :)

I've decided to go for a 36" widescreen, but which one to go for ? I'd prefer something with a black casing (although they all seem to be silver at the moment), So basically which to go for, Sony or Panasonic ? Has one got benefits over another ? Should I just go for a 32" ?

I'd prefer the panasonic as all the rest of my gear is Panasonic/Technics (I'm a bit funny like that), but people are saying to me to go for the Sony as it has a better picture...

I need your opinions guys...

TNX

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would stay away from Sony at the moment. Even there 36" FS70 has the dreaded "scrolling bar" problem. I would try a Pansonic or Loewe.

J

3. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +519
    I have the Sony KV36FS70. I have found it to be faultless.

Its the best picture on a tv you will get. You wont be dissapointed. Every other TV is playing catchup with this baby.

Its a good yearish old now and still it blows other tv's away.

:p

4. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't put this on a forum ! There is always a taxman watching and listening !!!!

5. JimM

JimM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Think you'll find that your company will put the full value of the TV down on your P11D as a benefit in kind, so you will still have to pay the tax on it. At least this is what they should do. !

As for the TV I opted for the Sony, although I'm still waiting for it to be delivered so can't tell you what it's like :)

6. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Avoid Sony like the plague!

Just look at the threads on this site...need I say more

7. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: