1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36" tv pixel plus or tosh p/frame

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by stranger, Jun 28, 2002.

1. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am in the market for a tv u/grade and can get a tosh p/frame for£1290.00 with stand or a philips pixel plus 9607 without stand for £1490.00-i'm not bothered about the stand anyway but which set do i go for? advice appreciated.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Audition both sets but at the moment I think Toshiba's quality control is a joke. Pixel Plus is a real step forward in picture quality and the Philips service menu is comprehensive enough to correct geometry problems well.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll find lovers and haters of both TVs on this forum in equal strengths, Stranger. So I think you'll have to have a look at both and make your own mind up. Be sure to read the relevant threads for both as well - there are lots of things to be aware (beware) of with both sets.

(Personally, I'd be inclined to go for the Toshiba.)

4. Biker

Biker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can you get the Tosh for 1290??pls - best on the web I,ve seen is 1369 + delivery.

Thnks
    :) :)

5. ned

ned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello ive recntly bought the tosh 36 zp what a fantastic set,take a little time adjusting the settings etc and sound and it is brill.all my mates now come to watch footie ive got mine hooked up to a sherwood dolby digital amp bypassing sets own amp(which is not that bad) feedind mission s alround and a pardigm sub.I cant say how much pleasure we all get from this even the wife says it sounds great!!!!!

6. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    biker, sorry for the late reply, sound and vision tel.01204 861861 have one with stand £1300.00. it says ex/display but looks out of the box new to me. i got one- i prefered the p/frame looks to the philips and did not want a panasonic tube-guess it's down to personal choice in the end. thanks guys for your comments.