Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

36" Tv, but which....?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Manuman, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had liked the look of the Phillips Pixel +, the Sony FS76.

But after speaking to someone who sounded like he knew his stuff, ive now been put off slightly, the set that he recommends is the Tosh, dont remember the model, but i presume its the one that has the 2 hidden shelves underneath the set which you access by pulling the door open.

It was the cheapest too! £1200!!

Im gonna go down and audition all the sets at his shop, but what do you guys reckon??

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Tony_Cook

Tony_Cook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only tried the Tosh 36zd26p at home, and mines going back tomorrow (Weds)...and not being replaced. Usual dark bars down sides and along the bottom.
    Whatever you get make sure it comes from a supplier who won't mind you swapping faulty sets and getting engineers out.
    I'm not sure what to replace it with yet, FS76 looking tops, although I prefer styling of NX200 (but not the price !).
    Good luck !

3. Latman

Latman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Go for Philips. I have it and I love it. It has been picked as best tv ever by one of the magazines.

4. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a tosh, now have the FS76. Its pretty good overall.
    Ingore anything reviewed on the PP Phillps and see it for your self, with footage you are familiar with, I feel that it is the POOREST of them all, dig.artifacs and silly processing givings a gliding movement to every thing and a look of any american sit com to DVD movies. If you like it buy it.

5. Tony_Cook

Tony_Cook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with mattheu. Try it then buy it.
    Ignore the mags, some of the stuff they write is total ****.
    I wonder sometimes if they even get all the kit out of the box !!

6. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +908
    I saw the Philips 36" PP on demo (Spiderman DVD) and was very impressed by the incredibly sharp image that the PP technology created. Certainly sharper than the Sony DRC sets that I had seen.

Then the character on the screen walked quickly across the screen and their image was surrounded by a huge amount of digital artifacts that didnt settle down until he stopped walking. I just could not believe how bad the effect was - it was worse than any other digital artifacts that I have ever seen!

I'm not saying don't go for the set I'm just recommending that you watch out for this.