1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36" recommendation required

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hannanp, Sep 8, 2003.

1. hannanp

hannanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm after a 36" TV and have been looking at the Toshiba 36ZD26B. The set seemed ideal, particularly with the stand that covered the DVD, amp, etc (keeps the girlfriend happy!). The problem with this set appears to be that it can't support PAL component video and there have been some comments about vertical lines on the sides of the pictures. Panasonic seem to make a good set too however I'm not sure it will fit a DVD, SKY+ and a Pioneer 2011 amp underneath. Sony sets don't have any prog scan capability.

I'm not worried about the sound capbilities of the set I'm just after the best 36" picture.

Any suggestions on the most suitable set would be appreciated.]

Cheers

2. Neil Porter

Neil Porter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I saw a review of the Panasonic set against a Toshiba and the Panasonic came out tops. This was in a recen What Hifi (maybe the current one).

Don't let the free stand put you off a TV - you can always buy an AV rack.

3. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I saw a review of the Panasonic set against a Toshiba, a Philips and a Loewe(different sizes mind you). The Panasonic came last!

Go and have a look for yourself. It is the only way you'll know you made the right decision.

4. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for the same thing as you hannanp only in 32". The PD30 won the supertest in What HiFi, however I've become wary of their TV reviews: they keep plugging the PH40 when about every other reviews says it's 'bad'.

Nevertheless, I had decided on a PD30... until I read the reports in the sticky thread at the top of the page. Perhaps my questions might help.