1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36" Jvc

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lochindaal, Nov 21, 2003.

1. lochindaal

lochindaal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have been trying to make my mind up on a 36" TV.

Had decided the Tosh was a good option but the wife didn't like it (nothing new there!) mainly due to size.

Settled onto a Philips 369308 but then saw too many negatives on the forum, considered PD30 same thing.

I am now looking at the new JVC model HV36P38 dist. Seems to be a good buy at £1200 with component, progressive scan and from the pictures of it a small casing around the screen. Problem is I can't find any reviews on it.

Does anyone own one of these and can comment. Is it as slim lined as it looks and most importantly is the picture quality good.

All comments appreciated
    :rolleyes:

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lochindaal,

I don't think these sets are available yet. None of the shops I visit have these in stock.

It's virtually certain there will be problems of some sort with this set, it's mainly a case of hoping that the design problems will be subtle and hardly noticeable.

Manufacturing CRT sets as large as 36" always results in compromises of some sort, but when the makers are under pressure to make these sets to a price point of £1500 or so, then compromises will be made on a much bigger scale.

The magazine reviews won't really help much, as there is normally a pattern to which manufacturers get good reviews, and which get bad reviews, regardless of whether the products are any good or not. JVC sets, especially those with picture processing, normally get pretty bad reviews, but don't let that put you off until you've seen the set in action and you draw you're own conclusions.

3. oregon

oregon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are out there... here in fact.

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The HV-36P38 and the HV-32P37 will both accept a 1080i HDTV signal, for when we all get our Euro1080 boxes in January.

:smashin: