1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36 inch TV Purchase

Discussion in 'TVs' started by marbles, Oct 4, 2002.

1. marbles

marbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a lot of browsing of these forums and consideration, I finally took delivery of my Panasonic TX36PL30 TV a few days ago. I must confess that after all of the problems reported with all of the 36" sets on this site I had resigned myself to the fact that I would have problems of some sort.
    However, I am extremely pleased to report that, although it has only been in for a few days I am really pleased with all aspects of this set.

I know that this is not a very long "review" period but I wanted to give hope to anyone considering such a purchase, and also to thank everyone that contributes to these forums for helping me along the way. I have always considered myself to be a perfectionist but do believe that generally expectations of new technology are too great, and that the very nature of these forums can lead to a negative view of most equipment. I am sure that if I searched really hard for problems on my new purchase I could find them, but I would urge others instead to be realistic and accept this equipment into our homes for what they are.

I hope that after stating the above, real problems do not become evident but most of all wanted to thank all contributors to these forums.

Thanks

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Hope you get a great deal of enjoyment from your set for many years. Settle back, chill out and don't go looking for faults. Whats the saying, seek and you will find. :)

3. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    thanks for this review. I've been looking around for a month or so for a 36"er and like you I was becoming a bit concerned with some of the previous forum comments. But I was still convinced to go for the PL30.

SO I'm greatly relieved that you like yours - I think I'll follow suit.

Happy viewing.

4. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I too have taken the plunge into the 36" widescreen deep blue sea, but after nearly a year of delving and research I have bought a TX36PB50. It was the first TV I looked at last year, and has taken all this time and effort just to go around in a circle.

Haven't received the T.V yet........expecting it on Monday/Tuesday.
    Finger crossed.....

Thanks to all on this forum for all the help and reviews