1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36" CRT Progressive scan

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kerraig, Jan 28, 2003.

1. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any out there that do true prog scan? I bought the Panny 36PB50 thinking it did but it doesn't.

The Tosh has component in but doesn't seem to support true prog scan.

The Phillips has it's own pixel plus system.

So are there any 36" that do it, or is it a priveledge only to be enjoyed by plasma owners?

2. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The Tosh 36ZD26 and 36ZT29 both accept NTSC progressive signals over component. They don't handle PAL progressive signals however.

3. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

I've asked too many questions today.

In your opinion, whats the pic quality of the tosh like?

4. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I have the 32zd26p, and hooked it up to a Toshiba 520E dvd player today, must say, what a gorgeous picture it is, and the 36" version must be similar.The picture gets better on ntsc progressive scan too, is superb, and the player was only £210, which i thought i would be gettting a "cheap" player, but, i was very wrong, is a nice piece of kit. IMHO

Spoony.

5. Tony_Cook

Tony_Cook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 36zd26 has gone back and now I'm ordering a sony 36FS76. Dunno when it will turn up though :(
    Usual dark bars down each side of picture was reason for sending back TV. Just before collection the silver metal mesh in front of speakers started peeling away (on a TV 6 weeks old).
    No slots in top of TV to let heat out, so casing tends to creak loudly as it warms up.
    Overall opinion of telly was "ok". I wouldn't really recommend it though.
    Got mine from Robertsons Online, and although a bit slow in returning e-mails etc didn't really have any problems with them. They refunded my c. card promptly - a few days after it was collected. Most of the wait was for Tosh Logistics to collect TV as they had to wait until they were doing deliveries in my area.

6. raZorfish

raZorfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you mean support for pass-through of PAL progressive signal via the component interface, then the Panasonic TX-32PH40 (a 36" version is not available as far as I know) and the JVC HV-32D25 (no 36" version here either) are the only CRT-based TVs with such a feature at the momement.

So, the answer to your question is: Currently, there are no 36" TVs with support for PAL progressive input!

raZorfish
    :(