350d - sigma 70-300mm APO DG macro shots

netronelson

Hi there,

I'm currently (impatiently) waiting for my new lens to arrive, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Lens, ordered on the good advice from this very forum - just wondered if anyone had any close up shots to whet my appetite with...

Cheers,

Nelson.

netronelson

Nice!

I did a search for Hollowlegs, but couldn't find anything - did you mean here, or on Flickr?

N.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
If you look in my photo album on here 99.9% of those were taken with this lens. You can see that it took me some time to get used to the camera and lens ;)

jomike

Here's a few closeups to whet your appetite:

437609855_56dec37687_o.jpg

437606918_4dabb0d830_o.jpg

418596947_d87e0b0bd2_o.jpg

All taken with Sigma 70-300 APO on Nikon D50, handheld. More in my flickr. (Link in sig).

Don't forget to to show us yours when you get the lens.

Mike

netronelson

Thanks a bunch - exactly what I needed to tide me over until it arrives..!

I've bought my kit blind with no previous experience, just after weighing up the advice from this forum and my budget, managed to find a new 350d and then the extra lense and a mem card for a total of £400.

I've read that i need some AV filters to protect my lenses, but not sure what they are/for - since i'm here, any tips?

RE: posting shots when I get my kit - deffo! i've already got my idea for the competition this month.

Cheers guys.

Nelson.

baldrick

Novice Member
I've just ordered this lens for my Pentax *ist DS

Holowlegs

Thanks macker

For recommending my album. Would highly recommend this lens, and think for the price is great value.

Here one using the lens

coots34.jpg

Cheers Holo:smashin: :smashin:

N

nealgs

Thanks for the nice comment :)

I'm really, really pleased with how this one turned out - couldn't believe it when i'd loaded it from camera into Zoom Browser.

Not had my DSLR long (about 3-4weeks now) and it's brilliant :thumbsup:

Gary

netronelson

netronelson

Ah Ha!

Thanks!

464136868_f910353857_o.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom