• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question 34” Ultra wide monitor recommendations pls

inonefly

Established Member
I’m looking for a 34” ultra wide screen for my home office, need to be UWQHD resolution, budget is about £400-450.

Originally I was looking for VA panel monitor as in the past the IPS Dell I had caused my very bad eye strains. Until recently I bought the Eizo EV2785, which is IPS panel but with many eye caring features such as reduced blue light, flickering free etc. so I think IPS can be easy on eyes but with half of the budget I am not sure if I can expect the same?

Flat or curved I am not very bothered (slightly leaning to flat), UWQHD is a must, refresh rate I don’t know, 60 is okay above that is bonus as I don’t game currently but maybe later. Any suggestions?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
IPS and VA are just subtypes of LCDs, it's more likely that other major parts of the screen hold the cause of the eye strain you had than that minor variation.

Although without identifying that cause it's hard to say anything for sure.

The most common cause is not having the backlight at the correct brightness, either too bright in a dimly lit room or too dim in a bright room.

Rob_Meister

Established Member
I use the Benq 3501R for both office work and casual gaming. Absolutely love the monitor and find very immesrvie for games... So if did decide to dabble in a few you wouldn't regret for that.

I can also say from experience that when working at this all day I no longer get the regular headaches I was getting on a previous LG ultrawide.

Naqv

Prominent Member
I have just purchased a Xiaomi 34" UWQHD monitor. It is a VA panel with a 144Hz refresh rate. Thus far, I have had no issues whatsoever and can highly recommend them.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom