1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32ZP48 Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gmjones, Jul 11, 2005.

1. gmjones

gmjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had my second 32ZP48 as the first had real bad geometry problems. Problem is I have a think black line right across the middle of the TV which flickers! Then after 10 minutes it goes! Any ideas what this is also these seems to have geometry problems as well! Is this a know problem with the ZP48! Should I send it back again!

Regards

Gareth

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Most TV's have faults if you look close enough!
    But if you have a black line across the middle, find the cause and get it sorted or replaced.
    Nigel

3. Skiddins

Skiddins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Slightly off topic, but does the TV switch automatically between 4:3 and 16:9 depending on input?

Thanks
    Skiddins

4. boomshanks

boomshanks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking around the forums for a solution to this problem because my tosh 32zp48 has recently started showing an intermittent black line flashing horizontally accross the centre of the screen. I have tried turnng the contrast down, which helped to an extent, but it is still there. The annoying thing is that it won't do it for a few hours, then start up for 10 minutes just to frustrate me.

Did you eventually find a cure to the problem without sending the set back? I have had my set 14 months now, so tosh warranty is finished I think.

On the plus side, the set (when it is not flashing lines at me) is outstanding! Component video and prog scan DVD - amazingly crisp picture and vibrant colours.

Ta