1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32zp48 problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tubal, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Tubal

Tubal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got a 32zp48 last week and I have a pioneer 575A connected to it via the component input. When viewing 4:3 dvds it seems to always display in one of the various widescreen modes and the when I cycle through the picture formats on the TV 4:3 has been removed from the list. The DVD player is set to 16:9 but surely this is just so it knows the TV type and it is not the format it will always output? This is very frustrating as I own many DVDs that are 4:3. Surely there is a solution to this because I've never read about this problem on this forum?

I am quite pleased with the TV in general although the picture could do to be rotated a few millimetres but with no geomagnetic adjustment on the 32" I'll need to put up with it.

:lease:

2. Tubal

Tubal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Changed DVD player from progressive to interlaced and that allowed the TV to display in 4:3. I wasn't aware that a progressive image couldn't be displayed 4:3. Very happy now. :thumbsup: