1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32ZP48: Owners Thread & advice

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DPLeeds, Jan 2, 2005.

1. DPLeeds

DPLeeds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey!

I've recently purchased the Tosh 32ZP48, which is the first decent tv I've had. :clap: Finding all the connections a bit confusing as well as finding the best settings for picture. The inbuilt settings don't seem to be very good.

I've got an NTL box, a dvd and a vcr to connect and have done so far with just scart leads - the gold plated variety. My terrestrial tv ariel goes into the video. An aerial cable goes from the video to the tv.

Yet to connect up the speakers.

Do I need to add to these connections?

What is the S-video socket for?

Do I need a 'component video cable' and or a 'coaxial audio cable' to connect the dvd to the video and what the hell are they?

Any settings advice for the best picture?

Cheers

2. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If your dvd player has component out then use this to connect to the tv as it gives the best picture. you'll also need either analogue l/r audio cables or digital coaxial/optical for the sound (component only carries video).

otherwise connect the "tv out" of the stb to ext 1, the dvd to ext 2 and the video to ext 3. if you've got a surround amp you may not want to use the additional speakers, i couldnt be bothered to set them up as the living room is full of speakers already :rolleyes:

3. DPLeeds

DPLeeds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has a video socket, an s-video socket, a coaxial socket and R & L audio output sockets.

The dvd is a Cyperhome CH 400 with dolby digital and dts. Which of these is the component out? At moment just connected via rgb scart socket. Have changed dvd menu av output to rgb from s-video. Would I be better off with s-video?

Sound is really distant at the moment although not connected speakers.

Am i right in thinking that i need a 'coaxial cable' to connect from the dvd coaxial socket to the tv DA-2 coaxial socket?

Then an 's-video cable' from the dvd s-video socket to the tv componet video input y?

Do i need cables to connect the dvd audio output sockets to the tv?

I am SOOOOOO confused! :confused:

4. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    you'll be fine with rgb which is better than s-video. dolby and dts are audio formats. connect the dvd to the tv with the coax cable and you'll get dolby digital sound from the tv. :smoke:

5. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Dont worry about any other connections apart from scart.Until you have a player with component outputs.