1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32ZP48 Help to buy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by granada, Jul 19, 2005.

1. granada

granada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi !
    I´m planning to buy a Toshiba 32ZP48. Toshiba are not representeted in Denmark, so I will buy it in the UK.
    I would like som information about daily use/experience/ meanings for that model. I´ve already found it at about 620 £ in UK internet shops.

Regards Granada

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, whilst I thoroughly recommend this model, above all else ensure the actual telly you buy will work in Denmark. There is a market in grey imports for this model and you could end up with one which will only work on the UK UHF band and not on the continent. If you intend to use your telly (indeed ANY telly you purchase via the uk) for 'conventional' UHF analogue reception you must get a cast iron guarantee it is compatible with Denmark. Regards, yt.

3. granada

granada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi !
    Toshiba told me, that the system in Denmark is PAL, so if there is an P and the end (32ZP48 P) there should be no problem.

Best regards Granada

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, it's not as simple as that. Yes, Denmark transmits on a version of PAL that should be 'easily' receivable on this telly. However, there is a GREY market for these tellys and you will find that some 32ZP48 tellys sold in the uk were models destined for the continental market that have been re-imported back into the uk and modified to work EXCLUSIVELY in the uk. Don't ask me why anyone would want to do that but they have - perhaps some additional uk features are added and some continental ones taken out. I cannot tell you who told me this information but I hope you will accept that it was someone in a senior position within Toshiba UK. This is not an illegal or unacceptable practice it is common - the nett result being that someone buys a telly in the uk that should work ok in another European country but it doesn't work properly on UHF reception. I'm suggesting to you that whatever make of telly you buy you get a cast iron guarantee from the retailer you buy from - that the telly will work in Denmark. 99.9% will, 0.1% won't and you will be stuck with a nice looking 'lemon'.

5. granada

granada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again !
    Thanks for your warning. I really appreciate it. I will consider how I can get that kind of guarentee. Do you thing that model could be found elsewhere ?

Best regards Granada

6. ScootermanRoger

ScootermanRoger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another point, what is the (non-NICAM) sound carrier set at for Denmark?
    Over here it is set at 6Mhz from the vision carrier, but from memory, a lot of continental sets operate at 5.5Mhz from the vision carrier, so here you could get virtually no sound, just a fuzzy buzz instead. This however would not affect SCART or component inputs, nor the NICAM (stereo) hifi sound, only affecting inputs via the coax aerial input from say a non-scarted video recorder.
    Just a thought!