1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32ZP48 Connections and retailer

Discussion in 'TVs' started by nelsonxl, Oct 17, 2004.

1. nelsonxl

nelsonxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like Panasonic_Boy I'm about to splash out on the Toshiba 32ZP48 for £887 with SD-340E (from Digital Point). From what I've heard they seem to deliver next day, is that generally the case? Also, I wont be at home for delivery but my girlfriend will be, so are they one of the companies who will dump the TV at the end of the drive and leave or will they bring it into the house (because she won't be able to shift it on her own!). Do couriers delier on a Satuday?

I've already got a Philips DVDR80 (graduation present :->), and also the Sony HT-K250 surround system, the Tosh SD-340E that somes with the TV, Haupaugge DEC-2000t freeview box and a PS2 to connect up. I was going to connect the DVDR80 with component cables, but I think now it'll be best to use the SD-340E so i can record on the Phillips and watch on the Tosh, but not sure which will offer the best picture, will I be making a compromise by doing this (i.e is Phillips picture likely to be better than the Tosh)?

After that I suppose I'll connect the other DVD with RBG scart, and the PS2 with Scart too. I have optical and coaxial audio cables so will use the Coax on the DVD I choose to use Component with, and optical with the other. Does this sound sensible?

Any suggestions, ideas, opinions would be greafully received

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say do the SD 340 by component and the DVDR80 through SCART 2 cos that's RGB as well :) So that leaves the set top box for SCART 1. But that leaves PS2 for S-Video on SCART 3, so if that does RGB then maybe link this to SCART 2 and the DVDR80 could go to SCART 3 instead.

Reason for SD340 by component is that I think it's better than the DVDR80 for playback (not 100% on this, do a good A&B before you decide)

Whatever you decide, it should be a fun day or three!

3. nelsonxl

nelsonxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, it's the way I was leaning anyway. Have ordered my 32ZP48 with SD-340 today and should be getting it Friday or Monday, CAN'T WAIT!

4. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nelson, i noticed the zp48 and zp48 with SD 340 are the same price on that site, whats the deal? i take it the one with the 340 is without a stand or something?

5. nelsonxl

nelsonxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, both come with stand, I rang to confirm, I think it must be a deal that Toshiba are promoting because Digital Direct have a package which works out cheaper if you take the SD-340 with it! Anyway, Digital-Point weren't particularly helpful on the phone as mentioned by other members, but they told me to order and add a note if I didn't want it til Friday. So, should get it Friday or the following Monday if not, got the parents coming to visit on Saturday so hoping to get it before then so I can show off!!

6. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Including a divx dvd player AND delivery for 879! :eek: i'm calling them tomorrow :D

7. nelsonxl

nelsonxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I thought! I wanted to buy from them anyway, but last week only Digital Direct had the deal listed. I checked again a few days ago and pretty much everyone on pricerunner was stocking it at around the same price so I opted for Digital Point as have heard good service reviews and they deliver within 48hrs. I did call DD but they didn't have any until the end of the week and then it would be another week for delivery!

Just need to work out how to connect it all up. Have bought a component cable, and just got a new scart (IXOS XHT611) which seems v v good.