1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32ZP46 will not display RGB sources

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nevC, Sep 24, 2005.

1. nevC

nevC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hope someone can help me out. Bought the Toshiba 32ZP46 yesterday as the Panasonic 32PW30/50 seems to have given many forum users a lot of trouble.

The component and non RGB scart sources (Skybox and VCR) work fine but when I turn on an RGB source such as DVD player or Xbox the TV keeps going to a blank screen for a few seconds, then back to the source for a second as if it cannot lock on to the picture.
    Any help much appreciated.

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    can you not enable or disable the scarts settings from within the tvs menus? ect RGB on or off?

3. wooky42

wooky42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to soon about the scart lead cure.

I have the same type of problem, it works in fits and starts. at the moment it working but if I turn it off I know I'm gonna have a problem firing it up. Pulling the SCART leads out a replugging them can kick start it. Also the menus on that input are on a go slow sometimes, as if the processor is busy. It'll have to be returned or repaired.

To everyone who recommended this set, other than the above problem I'm not dissapointed, fabulous PQ even on my £22 Tesco special DVD with component out, which is better with progressive off than with it on, don't know if that's cheap leads or cheap DVD player, I'll find out maybe when I connect the Xbox up by component.

Wooky

4. nevC

nevC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I tried connecting both RGB sources directly to the 32ZP46 and so far - 24 hours later - have not experienced any switching problems. I was using a Vivanco scart switchbox with my old Mitsubishi TV without any problems so I did not suspect it to be the source of the problem though I should have. I hope it was the problem as I can use the additional scart on the ZP46 while still using the Vivanco for non-RGB sources.

Have you connected directly to TV. If so bypassing the Vivanco should make no difference indicating the worst type of problem: an intermittent one. Will just have to spend next few days testing with RGB sources.

5. wooky42

wooky42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I tried direct and it is the same problem, once the set is switched off, the problem of the freezing menus returns.

To cut a long story short, it's boxed up ready to go back for a refund.

Wooky