1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32ZP18Q & Tivo

Discussion in 'TVs' started by orange, Jun 10, 2002.

1. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just purchased a Tivo I have encountered a well known problem on Philips TV's with my Toshiba 32ZP18Q.

It freezes the set so the remote and the buttons on the front of the set do not work, although the picture still plays. Tivo are sending an update to my machine to cure this.

Has anyone else had this on the their set and had it cured?

Does the P version have this issue, I know it is to do with the teletext and the Q verion has a new teletext chip.

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    You could try changing the remote address of your Tivo.

The default is '0' , but it can be set at 1 - 9.

1. Go to 'system information screen' on your Tivo, scroll down untill you see where it says 'remote address - 0'

2. Cover the infared on the remote control with your hand. Hold down the 'Tivo' button & 'pause' button at the same time untill the red led on remote flashes.

3. Press 1 (you could choose to use any number between 1 and 9).

4. Take your hand away from the front of remote and press 'right cursor' button.

5. You will see that the remote address has changed from '0' to your new number.

The Tivo remote will operate as normal now, except it is using slightly different infared frequencys.

If you still have a problem with it effecting you Toshiba, then try 2, 3, 4, etc in turn to find which works without interference.

Hope this helps.

3. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Simon for your thoughts.

I was sent the 2.5.5a update of the Tivo software lastnight, which disables the Teletext subtitling feature and this has cured the problem, set now works fine.

4. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Orange, when you said 2.55a, did you have 2.55 previouly with problems?

Is 2.55a a special update then for people having this sort of problem? I'd never heard of 2.55a

5. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simon1, yes you are correct I had 2.55 and now have the 2.55a which is a special version without the facility to use subtitles on any Tivo program, recroded or live TV.

6. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Orange.

That's interesting, thanks for letting me know.