1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32ZP18Q set up check-list

Discussion in 'TVs' started by 3iron, Apr 29, 2002.

1. 3iron

3iron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After a lot of research (primarily on this excellent forum) I've finally ordered a Toshiba 32ZP18Q. I'm a complete novice at home cinema televisons and I insisted the tv was installed by the engineer to get a set-up closer to the one it should be rather than making a mess of it myself :clown:

Anyway, I've read the many posts here about how this tv should be best set up for VCR and Sky Digital (cables, what goes where, on-screen menu selections, best settings etc) and any suggestions to act as a simple check-list (to go through before the engineer leaves) would be very welcome.

Thanks,

3iron

2. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same set and I purchsed a professional set-up DVD for balancing the screen.

Here are my settings:

Contrast = 50
    Brightness = 47
    Colour = 64
    Tint = 0
    sharpness = 0
    Natural scan
    DNR auto

I made these changes when in Picture mode 3. The biggest difference is the black detail, you can see so much where as it used to be just blocks of black, even though I thought I had set it up quite well.