32ZP18Q - Screen Slant

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Ricardo, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Ricardo

Ricardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've searched the forum and can't find anything on my problem. I've just taken ownership of a 32ZP18Q and notice the screen slants down left to right. There's a half centimetre difference in the margins which is especially noticable while watching widescreen. Anyone else seen this? Any comments?

Thanks v. much
    Ricardo:confused:

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this problem on the 36zp18, made a point of checking sets of this model in loads of showrooms and all but one had a slant, a 32", have heard on this forum that it goes if you turn the set through 90 degrees ( change earths magnetic pull ) thats not convenient for me so I watch all chanels through ntl cable digital, the slant is not noticeable on dvds.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    My set has only a mm or so slant.

I believe the only remedy is to physically adjust magnets positioned around the tube, it is not an electronicaly adjustable item.

I can't see why it would not be there on a dvd input?

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The latest Toshiba Z models ( not Picture Frame ) do allow " Geo-Magnetic Correction " from the remote handset, as do most Panasonic, Sony, JVC and Philips.
    The solution with 32ZP18P ( and PQ ) , and 36" versions, is to have your supplying dealer send an engineer out to perform a no-charge adjustment. ( Basically, alter scan coils manually ).

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't say it wasn't there I said it wasn't noticeable, and as it's only half a centimetre out over 36" I wont lose any sleep over it.