• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32yt56b

Actuator

Standard Member
Hello,

I bought this TV last year and after rejecting the first one due to cosmetic damage I got a replacement. However I've noticed lately their seems to be diagonal wavy lines visible, more so on channels that are not broadcast in widescreen/16:9, im not sure on the terminology. The same is apparant on dvd's so I have ruled out a Sky box issue. I tried a small portable tv with the sky box and the picture was fine which is really annoying.

The set has also started putting out a huming type noise which is only really noticeable at lower sound levels, which again is annoying as I watch it at night alot.

As i've had it for a few months I guess Comet might just send out an enginner, who if considers it to be normal will hit me with a charge.

Any advice appreciated.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Actuator said:
Hello,

I bought this TV last year and after rejecting the first one due to cosmetic damage I got a replacement. However I've noticed lately their seems to be diagonal wavy lines visible, more so on channels that are not broadcast in widescreen/16:9, im not sure on the terminology. The same is apparant on dvd's so I have ruled out a Sky box issue. I tried a small portable tv with the sky box and the picture was fine which is really annoying..

So are you saying the lines are only visible on an AV input? or do you also get them on the sets internal tuner?

Actuator said:
The set has also started putting out a huming type noise which is only really noticeable at lower sound levels, which again is annoying as I watch it at night alot.

As i've had it for a few months I guess Comet might just send out an enginner, who if considers it to be normal will hit me with a charge.

Any advice appreciated.

If the humming noise has only just appeared...and if it is loud enough so that the engineer can hear it...it is a fault and you should not be charged for a callout.
If the engineer wants a second opinion he may arrange to get the set lifted and taken to the workshop so the bench staff can diagnose the fault.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom