1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32XL90 or 32FQ86? Or something even better?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by alefsin, Feb 15, 2005.

1. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I'm trying to decide which 32" CRT to buy. For the moment I'm thinking of either sony 32FQ86 or 32XL90. However, I can not find much information about the 32XL90 so I'm not sure if it is any better than the FQ86 or not. Can somebody help me with my decision? Which one to go for? Also, is there any better choice in the same price range? I'll use the TV mostly for watching DVDs and have already got my audio system.

Regards
    AlefSin

2. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I wouldnt recomment the fq86, i personally think its a joke of a tv. apart form the numerous problems i had with it, there main 100htz mode- 100htz digital motion is terrible-the tv pictures look fake, the camera looks like its moving too fast. i never heard of the other tv, have you got an internet link?

3. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I don't know about UK, but you can find KV-32XL90 in France and Switzerland (where I live). For the technical specs you can take a look at Sony France
    However, I could not find any true reviews on it and here in Switzerland I can find it with a price only a bit higher than FQ86. Supposedly, it's a newer model than FQ86 but I had never heard of the XL family before.