• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32wlt68 Or 37wlt66

Size or function?

• 32WLT68

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • 37WLT66

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
D

DrClaw

Ok, either 32 or 37 would go perfect in my living room. The 68 is obviously a better spec, and the 66 is bigger. Which would you go for? Size or function?
Will I get the 32 and wish I went 37 or will I get the 37 and wish i'd gone for the higher spec'd TV with a better picture?

D

DrClaw

3 replies... anymore for anymore? Buying a TV on the weekend so it would be good to hear peoples opinions on the size vs function ?

bitskull

Standard Member
WLT66 has very good PQ but its PC connectivity is not good. So if you dont plan to connect it to your PC get bigger WLT66.

d2wud

Established Member
well i've ordered the 32wlt68 myself, but im not bothered abotu size when 32 is big enogh for my bedroom anyway

D

DrClaw

Thanks guys, is it just the extra connectivity that the 68 has over the 66?

---------
5 a piece at the moment..

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Larger contrast ratio too giving it many more color possibilities. and i think the 68 looks nicer, the stand is nicer too.

I voted for the 68 but recommend waiting until after xmas. (if you can.)

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Actually, i might buy the samsung le32n73, worth a look maybe.

D

DrClaw

Do you think they will come down in price again straight after christmas?
Seem to get the sales earlier and earlier every year - thought we were getting the best of it now?!! It's getting a bit desperate, my killer 25' Matsui is turning its self off more frequently as the days pass :thumbsup:

------------------------------------------------------
Wonder if any of the discount codes in the new year would drop the 37wlt68 into my < &#163;900 budget?

d2wud

Established Member
it really depends what u want to do.....but i've been deciding for ages which tv to go for........i had it whittled down to... (remember that tv gameshow - whittle!)...anywways back to subject
i chose from:
sony 32v2000 - prob would have got it had more money, but not really bothered
samsung 32n73 - heard it was bad for blurring in games, not good for me imo
panny TX32LXD600 - this sounded good but i edged more towards the tosh

in the end..after weeks of decision making/changing i decided on the 32wlt68 for &#163;860 from digitaldirect.co.uk
comes on wednesday
canny wait!!

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
Larger contrast ratio too giving it many more color possibilities. and i think the 68 looks nicer, the stand is nicer too.

(if you can.)

The panel's contrast ratio will not improve color quality lol. However, up-sampling 8bit per shade to 10, 12 and 14 will improve contrast ratio but it may exhibit video artifacts.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
so the WLT68 does this do proper 1:1 pixel mapping as its what lets my 66 down badly at moment.

other than that my wlt66 is my dream telly

S

SquintingBadger

This may be a dumb question, but why not just get the 37WLT68? If you get either of the others you'll only end up wishing you got the other one.

D

DrClaw

This may be a dumb question, but why not just get the 37WLT68? If you get either of the others you'll only end up wishing you got the other one.

Down to £££ unfortunately mate, i've stretched from about 600-900 - if I go for the 37wlt68 it's gonna be another 300 which will have almost doubled my budget! D2wud - Your is due today!! I went and looked at the 68 (32') in comet on the weekend and was really impressed, the styling is great... looks good even when its not turned on :) Does anyone think that the 37 will drop into the sub 1k catagory in the jan sales?

tianuk

Established Member
I wanted to get the 32WLT66..but guna wait and hopefully pick up a cheapish 32wlt68 (as it as better vga support) in the jan sales..if possible..hopefully in the 600-500 mark.. doubt i will find one for that cheap but u never know!!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom