1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32WL48 wall-mounting. Oops

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Mike246, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Mike246

Mike246

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've just shot myself in the foot!

I have the urge to wall-mount the 32WL48 and decided to resist Toshiba's advice to go for the Vogels bracket. It looks ever so well-made but cost a fortune.

I saw a rather clever 'universal' system called the Omnimount distributed by Path Group. It consists of a wall-mounted frame with two horizonal rails. There are two brackets which fix to the studs at the back of the tele and hook over the rails, enabling lateral movement and tilt.

The Omnimount is suppled in two sizes. The smaller U2 proved two short to reach the studs which are positioned close to the sides of the tele; I swapped this for the U3 which solves the problem but the wall frame is as wide as the tele so it will show at the sides.

In retrospect, Toshiba's advice was probably good but has any 32WL46 or 48 owner identified a bracket which does the job?

2. Deep-6

Deep-6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i must say my heart jumped into my mouth when i saw the title of your post! I had a horrific mental image of your tosh falling down ripping a big chunk of the wall with it! Glad that is not the case!!

3. Mike246

Mike246

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It would have been if I had used the samller bracket

4. suicidal_maniac

suicidal_maniac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mines held up by a £20 braket from b&q!....Dont worry the weight is actually sitting on my fireplace..

5. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if its a vesa 200 mounting then I can recommend the bracket I got for my sharp 45. Has a good bit of lateral movement, tilt and its very thin. Only cost £149 as well from progressive-av.

6. Mike246

Mike246

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I decided to use the Vogels bracket as recommended by Toshiba - static version so it sits up nicely in front of the wall. Not cheap but well-made and suits the Tosh.

False wall construction in progress and will post pics when completed.