1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32WL48 buzzing noise

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ginger, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else noticed a buzzing noize from this or any other LCD? I've had mine for a few weeks now and I hadn't noticed this until recently. It's quiet enough that I can only hear it when there's not a lot of background noise and there isn't much sound from whatever I'm watching. Now being aware of it, it's driving me nuts. I can only assume it's the backlight or a fan. I'd like to know if this is normal or if I've potentially got a dodgy set. :(

2. patrik_f

patrik_f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

Try turning the backlight up to 100% and see if the noise stops!
    It does for me, so seems to be the modulation of the backlight. It is not loud enough to bother me though.

3. lucidnightmares

lucidnightmares

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the modulation can also be taken out with a notch fillter

4. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks patrik_f I turned the backlight up to 75% and the noise is gone (had been at 50%). Initial tweaks suggest that turning the brightness level down a bit further compensates for the higher backlight, but time and tweaking will tell. Anyway, I'm back to being chuffed to bits with my Tosh again, so cheers :beer:

lucidnightmares, what do you mean by a notch filter taking out the modulation? I assume that the end result will be 100% backlight anyway if modulation is the method by which intensity is controlled