1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32WB643 component question - please help!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Bigweed, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Bigweed

Bigweed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just bought this TV and have come across a problem. The TV is connected via the component sockets to my Pioneer DVD player. I am using Nikkai RGB component cables from Maplin. I have also connected the audio in sockets on the TV (the red and white ones next to the component sockets) to the audio out sockets on the DVD player (the same sockets- red and white). When I switch to AV4, which I believe is the component AV channel, the picture is very fuzzy with lots of interfernce, kind of like watching a bad analogue transmission. I was expecting the quality via prog scan to be absolutely superb, but am very disappointed. The picture quality when the DVD player is connected via non-RGB scart is way better. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?? Is there some sort of menu setting on the TV which I should be changing?? Please help, as the girlfriend is not very happy with the picture and I am getting lots of grief!!!

Cheers

Bigweed

2. waysted_uk

waysted_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You may want to check the settings on the DVD Player.

I'm using a Wharfedale M5 and you have to go into set-up and change the output from RGB to Component. Once you've done this you can still use the SCART but the signal will be composite only.

Seems like a hardware limitation on my DVD Player so that it is either RGB or Component but you always get composite.

I also have to switch the Audio from Digital Out (to AV Amp) back to analogue if you wish to use the L/R outs from the DVD to TV.

Cheers

Mark