32wb463 -worth £800 or stick to FX68?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Biccy, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading views on Pan PD30 & Toshiba 32zp38 i'd decided to stick with original choice of Sony 32" fx68. Wanted progressive scan TV for DVD's but extra price & not too hot views of these 2 models swayed me to Sony again...until I went into Comet today & saw Thomson 32wb463, progressive scan for £800. Not found it in stock anywhere else, even on internet, so am stuck to paying their price if I want it (asked for reduction but told no!) Just wondered if anyone had advice on whether it is worth extra money, £200 on top of Sony price? Will be mainly used for watching Sky+, get chance to watch DVD film probably once or twice a week. Would like quality of PS for these occasions but read mixed views / reviews of Thomson, & not much bad about Sony. Any help appreciated.

I know im buying all my gear as an AV newbie, but is it me or is choosing a TV one of the most difficult things possible?! And maybe a bit of advice on using these these forums too...as newcomer I tend to start new threads for any advice im looking for, is this norm or should I tag it to similair threads, just curious. Thanks.

2. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unbeatable website sais currently awaiting stock, which may be cos they wont be gotting more in (one of the threads i read was about the amount of times unbeatable were collecting & re-sending this set) Type in 32WB463 in search & its the one with loads of replies! Will be ringing them tomorrow to see if they will be getting more in as thats a bargain price, ta. Have looked at the mag reviews & they all rave about it for the price, but then they seem to give great reviews for many TV's that people on this fourm have had trouble with, strange.