1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32pw9767 And 32pw9617 What Is The Difference?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by evans, Dec 13, 2002.

1. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    jUST GOT THE PHILIPS CATALOGUE FOR 2002/2003 AND IT HAS TWO TVS WITH SIMILAR SPECS THE 9617 AND THE 9767 BOTH 32 INCH BUT CANT SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN THE SPECS. ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING AOUT THE LATTER TV I MENTIONED?

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE

EVANS

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    9767 is only available in mainland europe AFAIK and has twin tuners allowing PiP and "mosaic" view otherwise they are very similar ;)

3. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    rct

thanks for the reply , you sure know alot about the philps, but what is the mosaic mean? is that like watching two different stations at the same time (split screen).

Also just wondering if you know about the picture quality of these two since im thinking of the 9617 once the price goes down hopefully in january. I have read a lot of reviews on the processing artifacts, but cant believe it is that bad since I saw fast moving dvd (jurasik park) and didnt see anything like what they say. I did see in the shop a light shaded black line but it was hardly noticable and unless your really picky wouldnt bother you.

your comments are appreciated

evans

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    evans,

I'm not entirely sure regarding the mosaic mode.. from what I can figure out, it displays a still "snapshot" of each channel available and displays all of them on the screen so that you can see what's on all the channels at once and then choose. Anyway, even if the 9767 was available in the UK this feature wouldn't be that useful to me seeing as I have Sky!

I have a 32PW9617 and I love it... if you search under my nick (rct) and 9617 you will see loads of posts I have made regarding it. My geometry is nigh on perfect and the picture quality out of this world. Minor niggles aside, I would certainly buy this TV again today!

btw I'd be surprised if prices drop in January.... use http://uk.pricerunner.com/ to find the best current price and use John Lewis to pricematch (you'll get a free 5 yr warranty this way).

Good luck, and if you need any more info (after wading through my posts ;) ) I'll be happy to oblige. :)