1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32pw9618 Widescreen Problems???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by belmulletman, Jun 13, 2004.

1. belmulletman

May 2, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hey Guys and Girls!

Ok i'm going to get straight to the problem!! I'm after buying a Philips 32PW9618, and first off i have to say i love it! the picture quality is amazing!

ok, i also have a Sony NS-405. I just put in "Ferris Buellers Day off" (a 2.35 film) and a couple of mins into the film a "list" comes on to the screen saying what to you should do to convince you parents that you are sick!

but i noticed that the words are off the edge of the screen when in "widescreen" mode!! when in superzoom mode you can see the whole picture (with the black bars top and bottom because it is a 2.35 film.

The DVD player is set up for 16.9 tv's!! to test this. put in a 2.35 film and move between the different screen aspects and let me know if a bit of the picture is missing off the edge of the screen when in Widescreen Mode!!! Now it's not much, but i thought it shouldn't happen! it's may be a couple of centimetres off each edge of the screen.

PLEASE, PLEASE reply and let me know your findings!!!

thanks guys and girls.

talks soon,