32PW9618 - Service Menu & Picture Settings

Free To Air

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Could anyone please advise me how to access the service menu on a Philips 32PW9618 TV as I wish to look at some of the geometry settings.

Also could anyone recommend the settings levels for picture control such as contrast, brightnes, sharpness, hue etc. I realise such settings are very much the preference of the individual viewer but would like some idea of what most people get on with.

Regards
moonbase

Hi Moonbase,

I've no idea of recommended picture settings for the 9618.

However, since I anticipated buying this television myself, I had made a note of Service Menu information.

Both Blind Lemon and rca had mentioned this.

"Most current Philips televisions use this code:

type 065296 then press the i + menu button. Press Menu to exit service mode.

Hope this helps.

I have the Philips P+ 9528, which from what I could see is a very similar TV with the exception of the sound and the number of connections.

I use the following settings and haven't touched them in several weeks now.

Contrast: 69
Brightness: 43
Colour: 45
Sharpness: 1
Tint: Warm
Digital options: Movie plus mode
Dynamc contrast: Medium
DNR: Min
Colour Enhance: On
Active Control: Med

Hope the above helps, but I played with the settings for weeks before settling on the above. I'm sure there are discussions on other peoples settings in the threads from several weeks ago.

Thanks Cynthia & Peter,

I have just taken delivery of my new 32PW9618 & it arrived with a very slight problem with the geometry.

The service man is coming to look at it & adjust it but I thought it would be nice to know the means to access the service menu & peoples picture preferences.

Regards
moonbase

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom