1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32pw9526 Shuts Down On Its Own

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Phil Durkin, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    REFERENCE THE 32PW9527
    HAS ANY OWNER OF THE ABOVE HAD THEIR SET JUST SHUT DOWN ON ITS OWN FOR ABOUT 1-2 SECONDS THEN COME BACK ON ITS OWN?, MY SET IS 5 WEEKS OLD AND HAS DONE IT TWICE AND IF SO HAS THIS PROBLEM BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY PHILIPS AND REPAIRED. ANY INFO WOULD BE A GREAT HELP BEFORE I CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER. REGARDS P DURKIN

2. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have same model, this has not occurred on mine. I'll keep an eye on it. Presume it is just like the tv is going into standby mode for a second?

Have not noticed anyone mention it on any previous threads either.

3. Mitch91

Mitch91

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did have the same problem only once. It happened a few minutes after I switched it on for the first time. Imagine how confused I was. :eek:
    But it never happened again during the 5 weeks I had this TV.

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Dear Sir

I have read something like your problem from this forum from other people on the phillips(not sure if it is this model) but think it is. Just check past threads for this model and you will find it.

good luck

I think you should have it checked out by a technician!!!

5. HowieC

HowieC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My 9527 has died after a few days of first just the picture going off and then the set shutting down. Its 9 weeks old and I intend to refuse a repair. I'm considering a change of model, the 9527 was part wonderful, part awful with the awful bits getting increasingly on my nerves. I've got a couple of days to make a decision. I'll keep you advised.

6. G.M

G.M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil Durkin, my mums Hitachi set was doing the same thing.
    Technician from comet came out to look at it (it was under guarantee). He resoldered one of the PCB's and it hasn't done it since. He said the problem's down to bad soldering on the production line. He did the repair on site as well, the guy's a credit to comet.
    Hope this helps.
    regards,
    G.M.

7. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    howieC,

I would be interested in your outcome. Please do keep me posted.

Regards phil durkin

8. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evans

I thought i saw this subject too, i've just spent the last hour + searching for it but cannot find it, RCT can you recall this as i thought you owned a 32PW9527??

Regards Phil

9. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    phil

Sorry you got so many problems with your set. With the money you put out for the set you would think you could enjoy the thing problem free!!

Sorry but I know its a phillps tv with the same problem dont know the model though (could be the 9617) I am afraid I cant remember as it was about a week or two ago i read it.

bye