32PFL8404H/12 - problem using Net TV

palroj

Hello,

I'm having problem using the Net TV functionality on my Philips TV (model 32PFL8404H/12) and I'm hoping someone can help me as this is driving me crazy. Whenever I try to access Net TV I get the error message "Philips server not found. Try again later.". Sometimes it stays at the "Signing up..." step forever. I've searched around the internet and this seems to be a fairly common problem.

My TV doesn't have WiFi so I have it directly connected to the router via ethernet cable. The network is properly configured on the TV and following the "Network installation" option returns the success message "The TV is successfully connected to the home network!". The network settings show that I have an IP address given by my router (192.168.1.XXX), Gateway and DNS are populated with the router IP also.

I tried following the solving guides on the Philips support pages (and other places):
- turned off my TV and disconnected it from the power socket, waited a few minutes a turned it on again;
- updated the TV software to the latest version (Error-404 | Philips )
- cleared Net TV memory;
- reset to factory default;
- turned on/off and restart many times during this process;
- restarted the router;
- disabled the firewall on the router to allow all traffic;
- checked the service menu but no apparent solution there;
- I can ping the TV assigned IP from another computer in the home network;

I contacted the Philips support which has only provided me with the generic support I'd already tested. I also contacted my ISP to see if there's anything that should be done on the router to allow the TV to connect but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Anyone with the same problem and a possible solution?

Thanks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom