1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32pf9986 wall bracket

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by garytreble, Feb 6, 2005.

1. garytreble

garytreble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

I've been browsing this forum for quite a while looking for advice on my new TV. I finally decided to go for the philips. I got a few questions;

I've purchased the TV from empiredirect for for 1999. I've noticed that most retailers offer the wall bracket included. Has anyone else purchase from empire. Is the wall bracket included?

I've read a lot about firmware. What does this mean? What version should I expect?

Thanks

Gary

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 32 comes with wall bracket AND table top stand as atandard - so you should get both.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I got mine from Empire (4/1) and it had the 2.1 firmware.
    The firmware is the software that controls the television and enables certain hardware features. Some early models had older firmware which limited the options on the TV.
    As Alan D says the bracket and stand are part of the manufacturers bundle for that particular model so any dealer/retailer should be supplying them as a matter of course.