32pf9986 version 2.0 problems

R

rundmc51

hi just got mine on thursday and its version 2.0, when playing dvds through dvi socket with progresive scan and the dvd set to pal 576p the picture keeps blanking to a blue screen for a split second every few minutes, if you change the dvds output to ntsc it works fine but on 480p.
could it be the dvd player or is it the tv got it from john lewis, new stock.

please help

rundmc51 said:
hi just got mine on thursday and its version 2.0, when playing dvds through dvi socket with progresive scan and the dvd set to pal 576p the picture keeps blanking to a blue screen for a split second every few minutes, if you change the dvds output to ntsc it works fine but on 480p.

please help

It must be the dvd player cos I've got a v 2.0 received from JL this Wednesday and my Toshiba 340 plays at 576p without any prob

has either of you had any problems with the 9986s 'buzzing' (as referred to on several of the other threads in this forum)?

Car man

Car man sleeps said:
has either of you had any problems with the 9986s 'buzzing' (as referred to on several of the other threads in this forum)?

Car man

Hi Car man,

I dont have any buzzing problem so far.

Ivan

rundmc51 said:

please help

mine doesnt do that and is v2.0 using tosh 340e

I bought one early december last year and it is version 2.1
It seems the versions they ship vary by country, with the UK lagging behind quite a bit...
(when I was considering buying it I read this forum and saw that people were still getting 1.3 versions without YPbPr support in the UK, so I made sure (123654) it was at least a 2.0 version and it turns out to be 2.1)

The buzzing is very faint on my set, I hear it when standing next to it but not from viewing position. It is weaker than the scanning rattle from my previous (CRT) TV.

hi have now tried two new dvds, tosh sd 241e and a tosh sd 140e.
they are just like the philips dvp 630 dvd blanking when on pal progressive 576p fine when on ntsc 480p.
have also tried different leads so that can only lead me to a faulty set.

any other ideas would be great as i love the tv and just want it right. :confused: :lease:

rundmc51 said:
hi have now tried two new dvds, tosh sd 241e and a tosh sd 140e.
they are just like the philips dvp 630 dvd blanking when on pal progressive 576p fine when on ntsc 480p.
have also tried different leads so that can only lead me to a faulty set.

any other ideas would be great as i love the tv and just want it right. :confused: :lease:
I've been through all the menus and the service menu to try and see if anything can be done to help you. Just one thing. In the main menu, 'setup', 'source', pop down to 'DVI-I'. What is this set to? It should probably be set to DVD! Have a look and get back to us...

Jimmy

yes set to dvi is set to dvd in source.
i have spoken to philips tech and they said there was an update but could not say if mine was done or not. i told them it was version 2.0 and they said it was the latest software, but still said there was an update.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom