1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32pf9986 help on settings???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by thanj73, May 23, 2005.

1. thanj73

thanj73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all,

After much consideration and many hours of reading this forum I bought the 32pf9986 and have had it for about 2 weeks now.

I have nothing but praise for this TV...however...I have a very slight problem....maybe!!

For some reason, when watching a scene with two people walking....the image on the screen seems to be speeded up. The best example of this image is like watching a Charlie Chaplin black and white movie, where everything seems twice as fast.

I have my 9986 connected to a Sky Digi box and am using all the settings that were recommended by jimsan. The 9986 firmware is 2.3.

I was wondering if this is common with the 9986?????

Thanj

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanj,

Check a few things. I assume you are hooked up to Ext1 with a decent Scart and the Sky Box is set to output RGB. What you are probably seeing is a slight juddering in the movement of the people which has the effect of making look sped up.

Also, set the PP2 to Movie Plus and turn off DNR and any active controls that you can.

Let us know how this goes.

Jimmy