1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32PF9986 and DVI & X-Box and everything....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by DeekosRSV, Jul 16, 2004.

1. DeekosRSV

DeekosRSV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As some of you are aware i am looking at purchasing one of these stunning sets. I have a question.
    The set doesn't have component input (boooo) but does have DVI. So, has anyone had experience in using component to VGA, then VGA-DVI (both supplied with the set) with their DVD's but more importantly an X-Box?
    With the X-Box, is it worth me getting it chipped to use the component output (then said DVI conversion) or stick with RGB scart and concentrate the DVI with my DVD player? My DVD is a Pioneer 565 (no progressive Pal) but does have component.

2. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you search the post a couple of months back, you will find posts hinting that Philips were in the process of adding component input via the DVI connection. Not sure if this is progressing, or even progressive!

-Ian

3. jdl

jdl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As far as i know this set CAN NOW accept progressive scan signals thru the DVI-I input.
    Philips also supply a cable with 3RCAs to VGA and an adaptor VGA to DVI-I.
    But..........................................to get the most out of Pixel Plus 2 and Digital Natural Motion Scart RGB should be your first choice ;) .
    There are a lot of tech informations behind this, anyway feel free to experiment and see whats best for you. :hiya: