1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32PF9976 connection to Satellite Box

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by waring1, Apr 12, 2005.

1. waring1

waring1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My father has just had this LCD delivered and he paid for the installation from the retail outlet.

They could not get a good signal from his Skybox using a SCART connection. There was very poor sound and they blamed the Skybox. They said that he needed an updated model. The connection is now through a "coaxial"?? cable.

We connected a DVD player, using a SCART extension and the output was very good, suggesting the there is some problem with the Skybox.

Is there a significant benefit using the scart connection? Whats the lowest cost method of replacing the skybox?

I have located a recommendation on this site for settings to obtain the best picture quality, but this refers to a good scart and RGB output??.

As a newcomer, can somebody please give me some basic advice, so that we can ensure the best quality output.

Thanks

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Are you sure you turned RGB on the SKY box and have a good cable?

3. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I suppose it could be the Scart Box, but the first thing you should check is the Scart Cable. Have you tried the same cable using the DVD player to test it?
    To answer your question though, using a scart cable from the sky box allows you to select RGB output on the sky box menu, which provides a better picture.

If you do find its the SkyBox that is faulty, then you can look on e-bay etc for a cheap secondhand box, or ask Sky to replace it if its under warranty.