32pf9830 xbox360 component vs vga....!

AndyS2k

how connection is the best? I only tried the component and look very good....Is the vga better? can i go over 1280 X720 and if it is not possible how does it look with the tv scaler? the same of component? thx

Sniper_007

AndyS2k said:
how connection is the best? I only tried the component and look very good....Is the vga better? can i go over 1280 X720 and if it is not possible how does it look with the tv scaler? the same of component? thx
Interesting topic - bound to get a split opinion though...

As Component is also 1280x720 in 720p mode then I doubt tv scaling would be an issue?? But how it actually processes the image, and the quality of the DVI connector compared to Component may make the difference.....

PUD the Ancient

I have tried both and think that the Component is a lot better, the colours on VGA are not as vibrant as Component and just look washed out.

byron_hinson

Does the TV allow you to run above 1024x768 on the 360 and on a PC? The manual says it only does up to 1024 via the DVI port if you are using a VGA adapter

ACMErubberDuck

Standard Member
I think the answer is technically yes if you send it a HD signal. Overscan can be an issue if you send it a signal from a PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom