32PF10 jitter viewing text

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by SimonSays, Mar 23, 2001.

1. SimonSays

SimonSays

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I have the same television and it does just the same thing - so at least you know it's not a fault with your TV in particular, just this model in general. Sad but true.

Regards,
    Simon.

[This message has been edited by Simon_Dugdale (edited 23-03-2001).]

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +848
    [ It is a design issue of old with these. When they say 'certain circumstances' for turning off flicker reduction they are eluding to dvd, and/or digital broadcasts etc. that may smear/create artifacts with fast action - e.g. football, action stuff.
    Hope this helps
    Encaser

3. richr

richr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I view teletext with the flicker reduction OFF the text jitters - its still readable but quite unpleasent. The manual says that its best to leave the flicker reduction ON except in certain circumstances (they don't say what they might be though). Is this flicker normal or should I complain? I would have thought that the text should be stable regardless of this setting!