32PD5000 available

fulllupo

Found the 32" version of the new pd5000 series if anybodys interested. Does anyone have one yet? I know the 42" has been getting mixed reviews, but if i recall the 32pd3000 was an absolute peach so i hope this follows suit.

http://www.av-i.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_38&products_id=316

Wierd that i emailed hitachi yesterday asking about the release of the 32pd5000, and the response was:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

The PD5000 is on sale with Richer Sounds & www.prcdirect.co.uk It is not however a Plasma TV, it is a plasma monitor which has been designed for business use and as such does not come with a AV tuner or speakers these items would have to be purchased as accessories, as it is not on the Hitachi European website I can only assume it is not a European release. May advice would be to purchase a 42PD3000 as this has been designed for in home use.
Guess they are not keen to advertise their new screens yet.

chrisbin

Novice Member
RS have 32pd3000 for £1750......

I'm still debating with myself whether this is worth a try or not...

Also possibility of getting JL to price match and then get 5 yr warranty too.....

As you say 3000 was reckoned to be great but is "old" technology now.....6 months later!!! I guess its the usual thing, the only right time to buy is when you do it!!

fulllupo

Yeah 32pd3000 is certinaly a bargain, but the 2 component inputs and in theory a better PW etc has got to be worth paying a few hundred more for...........its just the fact of whether the new models better or not, as seemingly the 42" version isnt getting the best reviews so far

adeyb

Novice Member
the 32PD3000 and give you the warranty, I am thinking of one for the bedroom

the 5200 does have the internal tuner tho.....

ta

Adeyb