32PD50 help, please.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by AvidWatcher, Feb 13, 2005.

1. AvidWatcher

AvidWatcher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took delivery of one of these a couple of days ago. It's an impressive piece of kit- shame it's not IDTV, but I preferred both the sound and the appearance compared to the DTX40.

I have a couple of queries:
    1. AV2 and AV4 are assigned for VCR and DVD recorder. However the labels by the scarts suggest that they only input S-video and RGB respectively, with output only being in video. Will the set also send an RGB out to my DVD recorder?
    2. We have a somewhat noisy off-air signal and the set seems a lot more sensitive to this than our 10-year old 25" Panasonic was. Is this normal and, if so, are there any hints to reduce it?

If anyone can help with these I would be very grateful.

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    This set has 2 rgb enabled scart sockets.Check with manual to see which ones.When you say noisy off air ,if you mean more picture noise,then yes ,you will find a difference from older 50htz sets.Basically the better the signal the better the picture.Have you tried dvd with it yet?They are awesome.

3. extechieman

extechieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The scart sockets only output composite video, not RGB or S-Video. Regarding picture quality, analogue broadcasts are not particularly good quality signals. You should view digital broadcasts such as Freeview or Sky. If you haven't got either then I can recommend the Sony VTX-D800 freeview box. I have this connected to AV1 input and it produces very good pictures (depending on the programme - some are broadcast poorly anyway). The VCR o/p skt of the Sony goes to the DVD recorder i/p which itself is connected to AV2(S-video) or AV4 (RGB). Enjoy!