32PD50 help, please.

AvidWatcher

Standard Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of one of these a couple of days ago. It's an impressive piece of kit- shame it's not IDTV, but I preferred both the sound and the appearance compared to the DTX40.

I have a couple of queries:
  1. AV2 and AV4 are assigned for VCR and DVD recorder. However the labels by the scarts suggest that they only input S-video and RGB respectively, with output only being in video. Will the set also send an RGB out to my DVD recorder?
  2. We have a somewhat noisy off-air signal and the set seems a lot more sensitive to this than our 10-year old 25" Panasonic was. Is this normal and, if so, are there any hints to reduce it?

If anyone can help with these I would be very grateful.

This set has 2 rgb enabled scart sockets.Check with manual to see which ones.When you say noisy off air ,if you mean more picture noise,then yes ,you will find a difference from older 50htz sets.Basically the better the signal the better the picture.Have you tried dvd with it yet?They are awesome.

The scart sockets only output composite video, not RGB or S-Video. Regarding picture quality, analogue broadcasts are not particularly good quality signals. You should view digital broadcasts such as Freeview or Sky. If you haven't got either then I can recommend the Sony VTX-D800 freeview box. I have this connected to AV1 input and it produces very good pictures (depending on the programme - some are broadcast poorly anyway). The VCR o/p skt of the Sony goes to the DVD recorder i/p which itself is connected to AV2(S-video) or AV4 (RGB). Enjoy!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom