1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32PD30 or 32FX68

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by hb1966, Dec 1, 2003.

1. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm all set to buy the 32FX68 from JL, but before I do, should I consider the Panasonic?

I've always had Panasonic tv's, but I am wary of buying this one because of all the problems people on here report. Currently I don't need the progressive features, but thats not to say I won't in the future.

The Panasonic will also suit my set up better due to its dark(er) external colour - all my other equipment is black, with the exception of the Digibox (damn you Pace).

I've seen both sets in action and was impressed with the output of both and the Panasonic I saw seemed flawless in operation, ie I could happily watch it all day.

So why are people on here having so many problems? Do you just push your equipment harder? Sounds a silly statement, but I presume Panasonic have sold enough of these sets without having problems reported, to think all is well and not pull the model?

Help :confused:

2. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant believe nobody has anything to say on this??

3. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I've compared the 2 recently and have to say that IMO the pd30 is a superior bit of kit, but then at £300 odd more expensive so it damn well should be :)

....personally I'm going for the Toshiba 32" pf2 as pic quality was on a par with the pd30 but the styling was more to my taste - the fact it's only 2cm wider that my current 28" TV helps too.

HTH
    A

4. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +727
    Hi there HB,

In direct answer - yes I'd definately consider it (I own the 36" model)...

Sensible thinking, an extra few hundred now, could save a relatively expensive upgrade in the future. This is the second Panny I've had and they've been two of the best sets I've owned:smashin: As for the probs reported on the PD30, you should try to remember that these probs DO NOT affect 100% of all the PD30's out there. Of course, I acknowledge that there are obviously too many people having probs with the PD30 (1 is too many!) but nothing is perfect.

In a way you've answered your own question, i.e. "...the Panasonic I saw seemed flawless in operation...", so, in very simple terms, buy one from a reputable retailer and IF you do have any probs, you've got a 12 month warranty:D

That's a pretty difficult question to answer objectively. A given person may notice cetain 'imperfections' that another may not (remember nothing is perfect - even Ferraris break down and/or develop faults). A certain problem might be practically nothing to another person whom it infuriates. However, the outright FAULTS on this set are much rarer than the reported imperfections. My 36" is for all intents and purposes spot-on. Yeah, I do have a couple of the 'imperfections' that have been reported on the PD30 sticky, but nothing that I can't live with. IMHO - as a rule of thumb - it tends to be the earlier models that generally suffer the most. Recent sets seem to be performing fine, but again, nothing is perfect:(

Anyway, let us know what you decide upon,

Best wishes,

LAGAVULIN

5. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pah, Im in a real quandry here. The price keeps going up, as it usually does when I decide to buy something. For a floor standing TV i dont want to go above 32" so its between the Pany and Sony. However, Ive also been looking at a 42" Pany Plasma, but am being put off by the reports of 'logos' being burnt into the screen/glass. If I can get the 32PD30 at a good price and available I will probably opt for that!

6. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +727
    Hi again,

What sort of price are you looking at are you looking at HB?

LAGAVULIN

7. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got prices of 32Fx68 is 730'ish, PD30 around 1100 and the Plasma 4k.

The odd one out is the Plasma, but if i say it quick, its not too bad, it certainly sorts the space problems out. Dont think i can get the Sony any cheaper as its JL and comes with warranty. Im just working on the PD30, but JL arent showing stock, and probably wont have until after Xmas. Im wondering if Panasonic are fixing problems as it seems the wrong time of year to have stock shortages.

Incidently, whats the usual viewing distance for a 32" set?

8. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +727
    Depends if you're as short-sighted as me:laugh:

Seriously though, I'd say about 8-10 feet away. Whatever you're comfortable with really. I sit about 9 feet away from my 36" and it's fine:)

Anyway, I hope you get one sorted out, whatever model and I hope you don't have any probs with your ultimate choice:smashin:

Regards,

LAGAVULIN

9. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32