1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32pd30 boxed ready to go back!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by spocktra, Nov 25, 2004.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Just reboxed ready to swap with zp48 tomorrow.If all goes well- great! if not i feel a 50hz is on the cards.Watching corry last night and at times even the wife commented on the poor pq.That 100% made my mind up.It seems to me that magazine reviewers lead a lot of people up the wrong path.What i mean by that is not everyone can afford reference quality components making their opinions a little unrealistic.

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    We watch everything (including fast moving sport) in the 'natural' scan mode. It's still a 100hz mode but I really can't complain about the picture - at all. I've no doubt you'll try different settings - enjoy. Regards, yt.

3. shizam

shizam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my 32pd30 from one of the major electrical retailers last Christmas after reading all the reviews. 10 months later I was still adjusting the picture on a daily basis trying to get it to look half decent. Problems inc. dirty screen down both sides, blotch on screen highly visible on red backgrounds, horizontal white bars on svideo mode, and an unusable rgb mode due to black crushing, and if the brightness was turned up to a 'normal' setting, horizontal white banding distorted the image. Brother in-law recenlty bought a Philips pixel plus model online, at less than half the price what I paid for my TV. I helped him set it up, and literally felt sick at how much better this TV was compared to mine. I think he noticed how speachless I was. This prompted me to call the engineer out to fix my 'greatest TV of all time'. He claimed the TV was a write off. After 3 weeks in the workshop, it was indeed written off. I was given the option to replace the TV. I explained how I had lost faith in that particular model, and so was given a full refund without any hassle at all. It's as if they were aware of the faults and had had to deal with it many times before. My dilema now is, do I hold out for a PD50, or buy from a different manufacturer. I received an email from Panasonic customer services who said the model has now been distributed to its retailers. Has anybody in Britain got this model yet, or now of any reviews. In particular, have the PD30 issues been resolved?