1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32pd30 and set top computer motorola DVi4000

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fan, Apr 5, 2004.

1. fan

fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today I installed my STC hoping to achieve a superior picture on my panny. Using scart connection on RGB (AV1 or AV4), I get a performance equal or less than terrestial. My provider promises dvd quality, as Sky might do in the UK, I don't know. While I enjoy fabulous performance through component (pal and ntsc), for dvd, my digital tv performance doesn't come even close. Is there no chance that digital tv will have this performance, or is it possible to considerably crank up the performance (and losing resolution) while using S-video?Anybody got some suggestions, or even experience with this STC? From threads I read that a lot of you had complaints about RGB performance. The only reason for this STC is better picture on football etc. (for the EC in June, and maybe champions league, Olympics), so fast moving sports mainly, which is difficult on this panny if I read all the stories correctly on this forum. What picture settings does everybody use with sports, acuity (75hz), or 100 hz?

cheers

fan

2. fan

fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, the quality of the scart cable from provider is medium, how significant is a superior cable? I just get this STC for 1 month on try out, for free, and want to decide if I want to get a subscription for 1 year after 1 month. How costly is sky in the UK per month?\

fan